Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Introduction to Creative Studies

What is Creative Studies? Well, the main objective of creative studies is to introduce and provide aspects of thinking methods and even creativity, either in encountering and solving problems. In another word, creative studies is to develop the ability to spot an issue or a topic and from there it carries out appropriate research, analysis and also idea synthesis that result in a unique or personal statement.

Therefore in my opinion, creative studies is where we can gain our knowledge by the understanding the concept of design and etc. At the beginning, during my foundation year at this faculty, my English teacher, Miss Azrena, she told us that during our degree year, there will be English subject but the name of the subject will be changed to another word such as Creative Studies. So we will been thinking whether is it this class is the class that Miss Azrena said.

So during the first day of the class, we been waiting for the lecturer to come that is Miss Azrena. But after that is not Miss Azrena, is another three lecturers that we seen them before during the foundation year that is Mr. Yap Sau Bin and Mr. Ahmad Radzi. But I been wondering does the two lecturer teach us English before? I don't think so. From what I remember they taught us Media Appreciation and Media Culture. So when Mr. Yap Sau Bin brief us about the course structure, then only I know that this subject is actually the same as the two subject i studied before that is Media Appreciation and Media Culture. So I feel very happy that is not English because the English class is not as fun compare to Creative Studies class because Mr. Yap Sau Bin is a good and fun teacher.

What Is Your Expectation From The Class?
Previously during our foundation year, Mr. Yap Sau Bin is a very good lecturer and he taught us a lot of the concept of art and how we will impose it to our design studies. Therefore, I expect him to teach us more during this semester and let us gain more and more knowledge about it. Besides, i want the lesson to be fun and interesting throughout the fourteen weeks.

What I Would Like to Learn From This Class?
I would like to improve my design knowledge and at the same time learn new things from the lecture classes. Besides, I would like to meet new friends and communicate with my old friends from foundation years since we are not in the same major anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment